Monday, July 7, 2008

Blessed...

It is sad to say, but most days I feel like I take my life for granted. I get so wrapped up in me, me, me, that I lose sight on who's most important in my life; such as: God, Lee, Carson, my family, etc... God has blessed me more than I could have ever imagined (more than I definitely deserved) . Lee is such a wonderful husband. I know that's what every wife says, but it is so true. I know it is hard to believe, and you are not going to believe this...but we don't see eye to eye on some things. We are so different, but somehow he is my better half and I could not imagine my life without him. Carson...he is absolutely the sweetest 4 (almost 5) year old I have ever seen...Trust me I have seen plenty in my line of work:) He is so much like me; has to have the last word in ANY argument, people person, persistent, so on & so on. My family is so close knit. We see each other, like, 2 x per week. My mom & I talk on the phone at least 1 x per day. My mom & I have always been close. She has been my best friend for so long! My dad & I, however, didn't have a strong relationship when I was growing up. Don't get me wrong, I love my dad with all my heart, but I didn't have the confidence to talk with him much growing up. This past year, my dad went through severe depression that sent him to Laurel Wood for attempted suicide. From that moment on, I have been so close to my dad because I realized how easily he could have been taken from us. My dad is my hero!!! I feel like I can now talk to him without fear. My sister & brother are so great. Of course, we have our differences, but that's what makes us work. We can argue one minute, then laugh about how stupid it was later.
So, anyway...I am thankful for the life I have...It is not always easy, but that's what makes it special...Each day is another lesson at life, love & happiness.

No comments: